Thursday, November 8, 2012

My very first blog

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would have a blog.  I guess this is a year of firsts for me.  

I am in my third year as a 5th grade teacher in Atlanta, GA and I have gained a new level of motivation and spark in teaching this year.  I owe a lot of this new surge of energy to TeachersPayTeachers.  This fantastic website gives teachers the opportunity to sell products and activities they create to other teachers all over the world.  

I first found out about TpT in August, and was shocked to learn that it has been around since 2006.  Since the end of September I've been constantly working on new activities, tests, projects, etc. that I can add to my seller's store.  I've been working hard on coming up with new authentic ideas that will not only work well in teaching the Common Core standards to my students, but also be appealing to other teachers across the country as well.

I'm starting this blog so that I can become connected with other teachers and I hope to share some of my own teaching and learning experiences with them.

Please check back here to see new activities I come up with, as well as advice for other teachers.     

Terry

1 comment:

  1. We have nominated you for a Leibster Award! It is an award to attract more followers to your blog. Check out all about it on our blog.

    Kindergarten Squared
    http://kindergartensquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete