Sunday, January 13, 2013

How Do You Mend a Brokenhearted Fraction?


As we continue to move full speed through our fractions unit, I've been trying to come up with some cute activities that relate to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why, but the first thing that came to my mind was a broken heart. (Pretty sad, huh?) I thought I would use this idea to my advantage and came up with the idea of Brokenhearted Fraction Task Cards.

There are 3 activities included:

Matching a fraction to its equivalent in simplest form


 Matching an improper fraction to its mixed number partner:

Matching a fraction to its decimal partner:

Each activity also comes with a student recording sheet and an answer key for easy checking.

Hopefully by the conclusion of this activity, students will have mended many broken hearts :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these! This will be next week's math fact practice station!

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete