Sunday, July 28, 2013

Setting Up My Classroom: BEFORE


Summer is just about over.  Teachers at my school go back to work this Tuesday, and the first day with students set for next Wednesday.  What does this mean?  #1 - My days of sleeping in are now over.  #2 - it's time to get my classroom back into shape and ready for kids.

I decided to get a head start this year by going in last week to start getting the basics done:  moving furniture, cleaning things out that I don't need anymore, etc.  I still have a lot left to do, but wanted to show you the process along the way.  Here's what my room looked like when I first walked in:
When it comes to my classroom, I don't like to have a lot of "stuff" or clutter.  5th graders are much larger than Kindergarteners and, therefore, take up more space.  I like to use bright colors to try and create a fun and exciting mood when my students walk in and have an inviting classroom to foster learning.  

Check back over the next week or so as I finish it up so you can see the final product.  I can't wait to update you all as I get further along in my room!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the final product! I am so jealous of your windows. I don't have any at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete