Sunday, September 8, 2013

Order of Operations and Algebra Task Cards


I am so excited to introduce my newest creation for my classroom.  I am currently in our Order of Operations and Algebra unit in Math, and I wanted to create a great set of task cards to get my kids out of their seats, while still having the opportunity to assess their mastery of the common core standards, 5.OA.1, 5.OA.2, and 5.OA.3.
You can find these task cards HERE.  There are two sets of task cards

  • a blue/green set that has 20 different problems pertaining to 5.OA.1 parentheses, brackets, and braces
  • a red/purple set that has 24 problems to go along with 5.OA.2 and 5.OA.3 - a variety of algebraic expressions that the student must write in words and vice versa, word problems in which a student will have to create an algebraic expression to match, and input/output tables.  
Each set of task cards in the product comes with a student recording sheet and an answer key.  Here's a small glimpse into some of the cards in the file:
I can't wait to hear what you all think of them!

No comments: