As we get closer to the opening ceremonies at the end of this week, I'm looking forward to incorporating some Olympic-themed activities into my classroom. I think these will definitely get my students excited.
My Winter Games Packet contains several different activities that address varying math skills:
- finding averages
- adding and subtracting decimals
- measurement conversion
- multiplying decimals by whole numbers
- multiplying decimals by decimals
- measuring circles (radius, diameter, area, circumference)
- measuring and identifying angles
I used each of the skills above within different Olympic sporting events to make a real world math connection. There are instructional pages, practice pages, task cards and recording sheets within the packet and each activity is extremely diverse.
I can't wait to see how my students enjoy them and I am hoping to add even more activities to the pack.
I hope you enjoy watching the games and cheering your country on.