Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back to School Bulletin Board: Instagram

I have been back to school for 2 weeks now and I'm really excited to share my Back to School bulletin board with you.  Since social media is quite the craze and I just got on Instagram (@terrysteachingtidbits), I thought it would be fun to incorporate that idea into my new board.

Here is what I came up with:
I made a colorful Instagram profile page for each of my students (copied onto card stock for durability). I put each student's name on a piece of paper below their profile in Instagram fashion - mine is @missabromitis.   The first week of school, I took each of their pictures and put them on their profile.  I had each student go to their profile page and write a fun back to school comment with hash tags to go along with it.  Some of the hash tags they used were:  #backtoschool #WWII #math, etc.  It was pretty cool to see.  **I apologize for not posting the complete picture of my board, but I don't post my students' faces on my blog**

Are you wondering where I got the Instagram template?

Well, I have a surprise for you :)  You can download it free HERE.  I took a screen shot of my actual Instagram page and put white text boxes over all of the personal info.  You could use this in so many ways and I'm hoping to think of another idea for these later in the year.  I hope you like it!

2 comments: