Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Terry's Top 10 Tuesday: Vegas


I'm so excited for the first edition of my new series, Terry's Top 10 Tuesday!  If you don't know what this is, head to my initial blog post to get the details!

Our first Top 10 is:

Here we go!

10.  Gambling
Okay, I'm obsessed with gambling.  Unfortunately, like last year, I went home a loser.  As much as I love it, I just never know when to quit!
9.  Fancy dinners
I had a wonderful dinner with some of my great friends at The Primary Chalkboard to celebrate 2 new babies (one born and one on the way) within our group :)
8.  Meeting new TpT friends
I met so many new people this year, both ones I have collaborated with online in the past, and those who I was meeting for the very first time.  I even met another 5th grade teacher from my district!
7.  Finally getting to meet some bloggers and creators who I love!
Is anyone obsessed with Krista Wallden from Creative Clips?!  Well, I was delighted to find that she was not only beautiful in person, but one of the sweetest people that I met!
6.  Inspiration from the TpT team
How many companies can say that they have a CEO who speaks 10 languages and genuinely wants the feedback of employees before making important company decisions?  This is one of the few companies in which the "bosses" are more concerned with pleasing their employees than themselves.  I love being part of an organization that listens.  I mean, the fact that Amy's title is "Director of Seller Happiness" just says it all!  I am so proud and humbled to be a part of the TpT team.
5.  Gaining new information from TpT sessions
I loved learning more about working on my brand, getting design tips, and finding new ways to market my products and blog.  I love that not only do I get to be a teacher, but I get to be a business woman as well.  How empowering!
4.  Instagramming!
Need I say more?  Instagram has become so fun :)
3.  My gambling buddy, Anna from Simply Skilled in Second
This girl became one of my favorite people last year in Vegas, and she didn't disappoint this year.  Together we did some lunchtime roulette, and I even tried to hop a ride on her new "Jazzy", even though I didn't get a chance to snap a pic.  Poor Anna was so excited that TpT founder, Paul, jumped in to get a picture with our group, that she hopped in the air, landed on her ankle, and ended up rupturing her Achilles.  Workers' comp anybody?  Lol.

2.  Spending time with my Primary Chalkboard Friends!
These girls (and guys) are seriously incredible.  This group of bloggers have so many amazing ideas, but are genuinely some of the NICEST and fun people I have ever met.
1.  Paul Edelman!  
If it weren't for TpT founder, Paul, I would not have found my renewed excitement in teaching a few years ago.  As someone who started out with a plan to be in business and switched to teaching, I love being able to have the option to take charge of my own career and success.  He has truly changed teachers' and students' lives.  He was right when he said that he has no doubt that we will change education as we know it.

What an amazing trip!  If you didn't go this year, I highly suggest that you go next year!




Join me next week for the second installment of Terry's Top 10 Tuesday.  Look for the topic Sunday on Instagram!  @terrysteachingtidbits

4 comments:

  1. I so love this, and have made it my 2015-2016 goal to save up to go next year. Thanks for sharing Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this! I was hoping that you would be there this year so that I could meet you, but next year will be fine :) Start saving up. It's totally worth it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hooray! I can't wait to see your Top 10! :)

      Delete