Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Terry's Top Ten Tuesday: Lunches I Pack During the School Week

During the school year, it's important to find ways to make healthy lunches that don't take a whole lot of time to make.  This week I'm going to share my favorite lunches that I pack for school days.

10.  Easy Mac - Yes, I admit.  I keep a stash of Easy Mac in my desk.  Don't hate me.  These are small to store, easy and quick to heat up, and take me back to my college days.
9.  Soup - I have a really cool soup cup that I used to heat up some chicken noodle soup when I just need something warm and hearty.
8.  Spaghetti - one of my favorite things to make during the week is spaghetti (either plain, with meatballs, or just with a meat sauce).  I usually put single portions into tupperware to quickly grab on my way to school.
7.  Pizza - whether it's a lean cuisine pizza or leftovers, pizza makes a great lunch to bring to school.
6.  Chicken and rice - a lot of my lunches consist of leftovers and I usually cook a lot at the beginning of the week and eat the leftovers for a few days.  I love to grill chicken and put it with either some brown rice or couscous.
5.  Tacos - just like I do with my chicken, I enjoy making tacos with some seasoned ground beef and cheese on flour soft tacos.  I don't like a whole bunch of ingredients so I make these very simple.
4.  Steak and broccoli - To get my iron fix, I love to grill a few steaks and keep the leftovers for lunch.  I pair it with some broccoli that I bake with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3.  Sandwiches - I'm a plain Jane and love to make a nice simple turkey and American cheese sandwich to bring to work.  It fills me up but is super simple.
2.  Lean Cuisines - Lean Cuisine has done some serious product overhaul this year.  I have found some new AMAZING meals that are very few calories.  Here are some of my favorites:  Vermont White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, Cheese Tortellini, Cheddar Bacon Chicken with Broccoli, Chicken in Sweet BBQ sauce, and pretty much any type of pasta.

1.  Salad - my favorite healthy lunch is a salad.  It usually consists of romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, black olives, shredded carrots, cheddar cheese, croutons and a dressing of olive oil.  It's delicious and easy to make!
I would love to see what lunches YOU pack for the school week, particularly those that are healthy options.  I am going to be working on eating healthier, so many of my options above are going to be packed even less.


Please link up with me and share your top 10 favorite lunches to pack for the school week here:   An InLinkz Link-up

No comments: